The Hardware Automation Scenarios Framework is a tool for creating a software solution to be integrated into robotic technologies for monitoring and control.
The Hardware Automation Scenarios Framework enables the creation of various scenarios for automating control processes through interaction with a programmable controller or any other open interaction interface. Specialized elements of the scenario (management and data exchange) allow technology and equipment to be monitored as part of the scenario.
The management automation scenario has the following functionality:
- Data exchange with the system controller via a local connection or Internet connection. Interaction with the controller and interfaces enables:
- data exchange by sending/processing requests/commands
- collecting data at specified intervals
- streaming data from connected devices (sensor and transducer data, video and audio streams)
- monitoring and control commands to be launched remotely
- and other
- Management of command execution controller using monitoring data from nodes that execute commands
- Getting data from sensors
- Integration with Embedded systems
- Feedback with an operator via human-machine interfaces (display, control panels, audio systems)
- Multifunctionality. An integrated solution for automating robotic technology.
- Direct connection to multiple devices for various purposes. The system supports interaction with a pool of communication device drivers from different manufacturers. Support for international data exchange standards.
- Multimodal interfaces for human-machine interaction. Integration with the CleverPod Bridge vehicle controller allows the operator to use all available graphical and voice interfaces as a single environment for interacting with the controlled mechanical units of a robotic vehicle.
- Support for full autonomy. Support for monitoring and controlling robotic equipment in offline mode.
- Remote control of interfaces. Remote control of controlled nodes by robotic equipment.
- Collection and analysis of data from controlled vehicle nodes and operator interfaces. Collect, pre-process, and analyze data from connected mechanical nodes and devices for local and remote centralized storage and processing.
- Ensuring information security. Encryption of databases and communication channels, ensuring authentication of interaction processes.
Solution for vehicles
The AIP Institute, together with the company Electric Vehicle Automation S. R. L., is developing a comprehensive software and technical solution for automating the control processes and interaction of the operator with the vehicle.
Goals and objectives
There is a process of widespread technologization of human activity in all spheres in the world. The introduction of robotic tools is gradually changing the transport and logistics industry. Progress in the development of Artificial Intelligence technologies that perform state monitoring and control functions will lead to the fact that any technical means, transport, or special transport will become a full-fledged robot shortly. However, full automation is still seen as impossible, and a person will perform at least controlling functions during management. Against this background, the development of technologies that allow the synthesis of a human and a robotic vehicle (Robo-transport) to perform complex tasks and control through a multimodal human-machine interface that acts as a virtual assistant, which can evaluate actions, train the operator, as well as provide timely support in critical situations, quickly responding to voice requests and providing information through available interfaces, looks promising.
- Creation of an environment for developing scenarios for automating vehicle control and control processes based on ADANEC solutions;
- Creating an intelligent multi-modal human-machine interface (virtual assistant) that combines the command execution interface and a full-fledged assistant when performing tasks and in the learning process;
- Development of specialized scenarios for automating processes for vehicle control and management for operators of various profiles in the field of cargo transportation.
Based on its unique methodological base and products of the ADANEC ecosystem, the AIP Institute offers the development of a software package that provides information processing and exchange within the framework of specialized scenarios and inter-scenario interaction involving users, connected equipment, and third-party information services.
The software package allows you to create and implement automated Scenarios for various purposes in the form of a virtual assistant, including automation of the operation of special equipment, robotic systems, information processing systems, personnel evaluation, and training systems. The solution is applicable for automating the business processes of cargo transportation and delivery in logistics companies with integration into existing platforms.
The scenarios are intended for execution on client devices, through which interaction with the software and hardware complex of the vehicle, client and third-party platforms (logistics systems, order processing systems, etc.) and participants in the process of various roles (drivers, operators, and other roles) is carried out.
Scenario-a model that describes the target process of actions and information exchange between participants in the role of users or components of systems included in the interaction. Scenarios perform a specific target task or a set of tasks that have a final parametric result, reflected in the output data at the end of the scenario. Scenarios are executed on a client device or integrated into a client platform through which scenarios are accessed and run. Scenarios are created and configured in the visual object-oriented development environment ADANEC Editor.
The scenarios include the following functional elements:
- Connecting the vehicle environment for data collection and analysis;
- Feedback in the form of notification messages in the output interfaces (visual, audio);
- Feedback of control commands to the vehicle system controllers;
- The user’s work with the widgets/services of the ADANEC ecosystem;
- Integration of scenarios with external logistics systems;
- Connection of built-in scenarios, for example, the scenarios “cargo acceptance”, “cargo status”, ”cargo delivery” can be included in the “order processing scenario”.
Scenario allows you to solve the following types of tasks:
- Automation of business processes – collection and storage of detailed data on the functioning of scenario participants (user, car) allows you to keep records of the state of participants and analyze their impact on business processes;
- Automation of special equipment and transport management processes-specialized controls provide an opportunity to control the internal systems of the vehicle within the framework of the scenario.
Automation of business processes and control of the state of scenario participants
Order Processing scenario
Within the framework of the executed Scenario, the order processing process is controlled, including the interaction of the driver, the car, and the external logistics system. The process reflected in the scenario has observable parameters during its execution.
Within the framework of this scenario, the following functionality is implemented:
- Loading a list of orders to the Session/Scenario Scheduler (Scheduler) received from an external logistics system;
- Manual or automated scenario launch according to the prioritization parameters;
- Inclusion of built-in scenarios, for example, “Cargo acceptance”,” Shipment of goods”, etc.;
- Evaluation of the quality of execution of the delivery processing scenario according to the specified parameters, evaluation of the delivery time, customer marks.
Driver status monitoring scenario
This scenario checks and monitors the driver’s condition according to the specified parameters reflected in his profile. All information during the execution of the scenario updates the current state and is saved as a history of profile changes in the remote storage.
Within the framework of the scenario, the following can be carried out:
- Assessment of the psychological state of the driver;
- Assessment of the driver’s physical condition using the connected alco-test sensors, analysis of the driver’s image;
- Authorization of the driver in the system. Authorization via biometric sensors connected to the scenario (fingerprint, retinal scan);
- Uploading/sending the latest profile status from/to a cloud storage service or an integrated external system.
Vehicle state monitoring scenario
This type of scenario checks and monitors the condition of the vehicle according to the observed parameters reflected in its profile. During the execution of the scenario, information about the current state is updated and stored in the form of a history of profile changes.
Scenarios can be executed during the operation of the transport or run according to a schedule at the time of the start of operation and the end of the operation.
Within the framework of the scenario, the following can be carried out:
- Program control of the functioning of the internal systems of the vehicle;
- Identification of a specific transport unit in the system;
- Uploading/sending the latest profile status from/to the cloud storage service; Monitoring the battery status;
- Estimation of energy consumption for the established route;
- Estimation of energy consumption at the current consumption of systems.
Automation of special equipment and transport management processes
This type of scenario automates the processes of management and control of vehicles and their internal systems.
Examples of scenarios for automating vehicle condition monitoring:
- Remote diagnostics of the functioning of the internal systems of the vehicle, including monitoring of the condition: video surveillance systems, engine, windows, headlights, locks, temperature sensors, etc.;
- Collection and storage of data on the condition in the Profile of the vehicle.
Possible controlled elements of the vehicle system:
- Vehicle media system management (video, audio playback);
- Control of the LED display in special cases, such as “after stopping – showing ads” or “showing special ads, depending on geolocation”;
- Information output to displays connected to the controller;
- Engine control-block the start system in case of detection of the fact of alcoholic intoxication of the driver;
- Door lock control;
- Monitoring the status of windows (close after the end of the trip);
- Headlight control (turn on / off any car headlights);
- Temperature control of the storage system (in the refrigerator);
- Temperature control in the battery compartment for electric vehicles;
- Temperature control in the controller case.